Resume analysis requires keeping in mind several points, like using suitable keywords, making the matter fluent, highlighting your strengths, an appealing format, etc. But it is essential to conduct a deep analysis of the resume to fine-tune it. Improving its quality should be the next priority after you complete writing a resume. You may discuss the details with your close friends for gathering opinions. But more importantly, you should do a scrutiny of the resume and upgrade it, adding value. There are some salient points that you must note while analyzing the quality of a resume, as mentioned under the following sub-heads.
- Focus on making the resume original.
- Don’t base it on a common template.
- The resume should be inviting for the recruiter.
- It must not resemble a mediocre typing output.
- The overall length of the resume should be compatible with your career level.
Different resume sections
- You must make the resume visually pleasing.
- The selection of the fonts should be appropriate.
- Design elements like bullet points, bold letters, etc. should be used suitably.
- Check the margins are even on every side.
- You should also keep a tab on the consistency of the fonts, spacing and design.
Analysis of appearance
- You should make it a priority to clearly label all resume sections.
- Never forget to place the various sections in the best order, highlighting your stronger credentials.
- Your work history list should be in a reverse chronological order. It means your current or more recent job should be mentioned first.